- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups Frozen Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 cup Diced Onion, sweet onions are best!
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 recipe Country Sausage Gravy, optional
Prepare the hash browns according to the package skillet instructions.
Remove the cooked hash browns to an oven-safe plate and place them in the oven on warm.
Add the onions and butter to the skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium heat for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. You want them to be fragrant and translucent.
Top the warm hash browns with the onions and then cover them with cheese.