- 5 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Water
- 2 teaspoons Salt, Divided
- 1 stick Salted Butter, Divided
- 1 clove Garlic, Smashed
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Green Onion, Diced
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Parsley, Minced
Rinse and cut potatoes. Spray a 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add in the potatoes, water, garlic, 1/2 stick of butter, salt and pepper. Mix well and cook on high for 4 hours.
Once the potatoes are cooked, add the green onions and parsley. There will be water in the pot--no need to drain it.
Carefully begin to mash the potatoes. Once they are just about smooth, taste the potatoes and decide if you need to season them with additional salt and pepper. Then, add in the remaining butter.
Serve immediately or place lid on the mashed potatoes until ready to serve.
- If you want a strong garlic taste you can add up to 6 cloves of garlic.