- 1 package 15 Bean Soup, With the seasoning packet (comes in package of beans)
- 1/2 cup White Onion, Chopped
- 1 cup Broccoli
- 1 14.5 ounce can Diced Tomatoes
- 32 ounces Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Diced Ham
- Salt and Pepper, To taste
Place the beans in a bowl, and then submerge the beans in water. Typically this is best done overnight, and then let them soak. Once they are soaked, rinse and drain them.
In a 6-quart slow cooker, combine the soaked beans, seasoning packet, onion, broccoli, tomatoes, broth, and ham.
Fill the slow cooker with water or additional broth up until the top or the fill line of your slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
Serve with additional salt, pepper and cornbread.
- Flavor can be added by adding in ham bone to the slow cooker as well, and then removing before serving.