- 16 ounces Black Eyed Peas, dry
- 6 slices Bacon
- 2 cubes Chicken Bouillon
- 5 cloves Garlic, small, smashed
- 1/2 White Onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Hot Sauce, Louisiana-style
- 5 cups Water
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
Pre-soak the beans.
Place the rinsed and drained pre-soaked black eye peas in the slow cooker.
Layer bacon throughout the peas, followed by chicken bouillon cubes, garlic cloves, and minced onions.
Sprinkle the salt, black pepper, and hot sauce.
Pour 5 cups of water over the black eye peas. Give the slow cooker one good mix.
Set the slow cooker on high for 4 hours (or low for 8 hours).
Once the black eye peas are done cooking, mix in the fresh parsley, discard bacon if you choose to, and serve immediately.
- Store cooled leftovers in a freezer gallon bag, freeze and defrost and eat for a later date. Don’t forget to write the date on the bag (consume within 3 months of freezing).