- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 pound Beef Tips
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 2 Carrots, Diced
- 1 pound Mushrooms, Sliced
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Red Wine, Substitute stock or water
- 2 1/2 cups Water, Or beef stock
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Salt and Pepper, To taste
- 1 pound Baby Potatoes, Halved or quartered
Heat the oil in a very large skillet. Add the beef tips and cook until browned, stirring as little as possible.
Add the onion, carrots and mushrooms and cook until starting to soften, about 4-5 minutes.
Stir in the tomato paste and flour, then cook for another minute, stirring all the time.
Pour in the red wine (if using) and the water or stock. Add the bay leaf, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
Add the potatoes to the skillet, reduce to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are done, about 10-15 minutes.