- 6 slices Crusty Bread, About 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 4 teaspoons Olive Oil, Divided
- 1 small Zucchini Squash, Sliced into half-rounds, about 1 cup
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes
- 1 clove Garlic, Peeled and finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- zest of one Lemon
- 2 ounces Goat Cheese, At room temp
- 2 ounces Hummus
- 1-2 teaspoons Fresh Thyme
Preheat your toaster oven to 400°F.
Place bread slices on a cookie sheet and drizzle with 2 teaspoon of the olive oil. Bake 5 to 8 minutes until lightly browned. Remove toast and set aside but leave toaster oven on.
In a baking dish combine the zucchini, tomatoes, garlic, and remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; stir well to coat all of the vegetables with oil.
Roast vegetables for 12 to 16 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, until the zucchini has softened slightly and most of the tomatoes are starting to burst open.
Allow vegetables to cool for about 5 minutes then stir in all of the lemon zest.
To assemble the crostini spread each toast with goat cheese or hummus, top with zucchini and tomatoes, sprinkle on fresh thyme and enjoy.
- Remove the baking dish once most of the tomatoes have just split open. This will help them keep their shape and prevent the tomatoes from becoming soggy.
- Turn this into a crowd-pleasing appetizer by cutting the bread slices into smaller pieces before toasting and topping.