For the Bread:
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup Fresh Cranberries, halved if large
- 1 tablespoon Orange Zest, (about one medium orange)
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar, plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Orange Juice
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Lightly spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
In a small bowl, toss the cranberries and orange zest with 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, eggs, and melted butter until well combined.
Add the milk, orange juice, and vanilla, and whisk to combine.
Add this mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
Fold in the cranberries.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and smooth the top.
Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
Allow the bread to cool for 10-15 minutes in the loaf pan, and then remove it to a wire rack to cool completely.
In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and orange juice until smooth to make the glaze. Drizzle the glaze over top of the cooled bread.