For the Topping:
For the Filling:
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- pinch of Salt
- 1/4 cup Cold Butter
- 4 medium Apples, Cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Apple Pie Spice, Or cinnamon
Stir the brown sugar, oats, 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, cinnamon and salt together in a medium bowl.
Cut in the butter until large crumbles form. You can use a pastry cutter, but I usually do it with clean finger tips.
Cover and refrigerate the topping until you’re ready to use it.
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Place the sliced apples in a 7x11 inch baking dish.
Toss with 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and the apple pie spice.
Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the filling is bubbling up and the topping is browned.