For the Caramelized Pineapple:
For the Cocktail:
- 1 Pineapple, Cored, quartered, and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 ounces Pineapple Purée
- 3 ounces Ginger Beer
- Fresh Lime Juice, From 1/2 lime, plus extra wedges for garnish
- 2-3 dashes Aromatic Bitters
- 2 ounces Black Rum
- Ice Cubes
- Caramelized Pineapple Slices, For garnish
For the Pineapple Purée:
In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar and half the sliced pineapple.
Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until the pineapple is soft and starts to caramelized.
Remove and transfer cooked pineapple to your blender.
Finish cooking the remainder of your pineapple, and transfer the rest of the pieces to your blender, making sure to save a number of pineapple slices for garnish.
Purée the caramelized pineapple and transfer to a jar to cool.
To Make Your Cocktail:
Fill a high-ball glass with ice and pour in 2 ounces pineapple purée, 3 ounces ginger beer, juice from ½ lime and 2-3 dashes of bitters. Stir to combine.
Pour the black rum on top and garnish with a lime wedge and pineapple slice.
Add a straw or swizzle stick to the drink to stir the rum together when served.
- Save remaining purée in the refrigerator. If making multiple cocktails, there should be enough purée for approximately 6-8 cocktails.