For the shortcake:
For the peaches:
- 1 cup Cashew Meal, *
- 1/4 cup Tapioca Flour
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- pinch of Kosher Salt
- 3 tablespoons Cold Coconut Oil, Should be hard
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoons Non-Dairy Milk, Of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
For the whipped cream:
- 2 Peaches, Ripe and sliced
- 2 tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup, Or honey, divided
- cream from a can of Coconut Milk, Full fat
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract, Optional
Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
Combine cashew meal, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
Add the cold coconut oil to the bowl and cut in with a fork until the mixture is the texture of coarse crumbs.
Whisk the egg, honey, non-dairy milk, and vanilla together in a small bowl.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until the dough comes together.
Drop into 4 separate rounds on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes until the edges and peaks are golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Combine the sliced peaches with the maple syrup and stir together.
Add the coconut cream to a small bowl with the maple syrup/honey and vanilla if using and whisk vigorously until fluffy.
To assemble, slice the biscuit in half. Spoon some coconut cream on the bottom, top with peaches, a bit more coconut cream then place the top of the biscuit back on and serve.
- if you can’t find cashew meal in the store, just process plain cashews in a food processor until fine.