- 2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Avocado Oil, (or cooking oil of choice)
- 1 White Onion, diced
- 1 small Jalapeño, minced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 14 ounce can Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoons Arrowroot Powder
- Fresh Basil
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
Place chicken in large bowl. Sprinkle curry powder, chili powder turmeric, salt, and black pepper over top and toss to make sure all the chicken is coated.
Heat avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned on each side, a few minutes per side.
Add onion and jalapeno and cook, stirring frequently until chicken is cooked through and the veggies have softened.
Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, just 30 seconds. Add basil and coconut milk; stir to combine.
Bring to a simmer and let cook about 5 minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly.
Whisk 2 tbsp of arrowroot powder into about 1/4 cup cold water and add to the pan, stirring constantly until it’s thickened to desired consistency.
Serve immediately with riced cauliflower or side dish of choice. Sprinkle with fresh basil.