- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt, Divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper, Divided
- 12 ounces Tri-Colored Carrots
- 12 small Multi-Colored Potatoes, Halved
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Dill, Chopped
- 1 cup Whole Milk, Divided
- 1 tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Reduced Sodium Chicken Stock
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley, Chopped
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Season chicken breast with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes until golden brown and then turn and cook an additional 2 minutes.
Remove the chicken from the skillet. Then place the carrots and potatoes (cut side down) in the skillet.
Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 18 minutes.
Return chicken to the pan and sprinkle with lemon juice and half the fresh dill.
Bake for an additional 12 minutes. Then remove the skillet from the oven. Place the chicken and vegetables on a plate and tent with foil.
Combine 1/2 cup of milk with the flour.
Place the skillet on the stove top, heat on high, and add flour mixture and the additional half cup of milk, and chicken stock.
Using a silicone whisk, scrape the pan and whisk to loosen the browned bits.
Cook the gravy for 3 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken. Then season with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and fresh dill and flat leaf parsley.
Mix well, then add the chicken and vegetables back to the pan.
Divide evenly among plates and top with additional cream gravy.