- 1 tablespoon Grapeseed Oil
- 2 pounds Lean Beef Stew Meat
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 5 Carrots, Peeled and sliced
- 4 Parsnips, Peeled and sliced
- 4 stalks Celery, Diced
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 3 White Potatoes, Peeled and cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 14 ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes, With liquid
- 14 ounces Beef Broth
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Parsley
- 1 cup Frozen Green Peas
In a large cast iron French oven, add 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil. Heat the pot to medium-high heat and add in the lean stew meat.
Season the meat with salt and pepper. Sear beef with lid on half the time for 10 minutes. Then sprinkle flour on the beef.
Mix and add in the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and whole garlic cloves.
Mix well for 1 minute then add the diced tomatoes and beef broth.
Mix well, bring to a boil then reduce to medium-low heat. Cook for one hour, mixing occasionally.
After the beef has been simmering for an hour add in the carrots, parsnips, celery, onion, and potatoes. Mix well and add in 1 bay leaf.
Cook on medium-low heat for 1 additional hour (mixing occasionally).
Add 2 tablespoons fresh parsley and 1 cup of frozen peas, mix well and cook for 10 additional minutes with the lid on. Serve and enjoy.