- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 2 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour, (344g)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar, plus extra for rolling
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 large Egg, room temperature
- 1 Large Egg Yolk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
Dollop the Nutella in rounds that are about 1 teaspoon big on parchment lined baking pans. Freeze.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a mixer, beat the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
Beat in the egg, yolk, and vanilla until fully incorporated.
Mix in the flour until just mixed.
Get a tablespoon of dough and create an indentation. Stick in a frozen dollop of Nutella. Add another half tablespoon of dough.
Roll the dough into a nice ball, then roll in sugar to coat. Place on a baking sheet.
Repeat with all the dough and Nutella.
Bake for 8 - 10 minutes, or until the cookies just start to get light touches of brown on the edges.
Allow the cookies to sit on the baking sheets for a minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.