- 1 cup Almonds, (145g)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon, plus additional for topping
- Flaked Sea Salt
- 1 1/3 cups Dates, loosely packed (200g)
- 1 cup Dried Apples, very firmly packed (90g)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Water
- 5 tablespoons Creamy Almond Butter, melted, divided
Preheat your oven to 375°F. Bake the almonds until lightly brown and nutty smelling, about 10-12 minutes.
Add the almonds, cinnamon and a pinch of salt into a large food processor and process until broken down and crumbly.
Add in the dates and dried apples and process until well mixed and the mixture begins to form a ball.
With the food processor running, stream in the water and 1 Tablespoon of the almond butter until well mixed.
Transfer to a square 8x8 pan and press out evenly. Spread with the remaining almond butter.
Chill 1 hour, or until the almond butter is tacky. Sprinkle with extra cinnamon and sea salt flakes.
Cut and DEVOUR!
- You must use the very soft, light-yellow colored dried apples rings (like the photo) for this recipe, or else it will not work. If your apples are not very soft, they will not break down.
- Store bars in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.