- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion, OR 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 16 ounce can Pinto Beans, Drained and rinsed, no salt added
- 1 16 ounce can Red Kidney Beans, Drained and rinsed, no salt added
- 1 can Petite Diced Tomatoes, No salt added
- 3 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Strong Brewed Coffee, Or espresso
- 3 Gluten Free Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauces, Finely diced, not all chipotle peppers are gluten free, so be sure to double check
- 1 cup Beef Broth
In a pot, brown the ground beef and drain off the excess oil.
Add the onion and garlic to the beef and saute until softened.
Add the diced tomatoes, cocoa powder, coffee, diced chipotles, and beef broth.
Bring to a simmer, and let cook for at least 5 minutes so the flavors can meld together.
- You can use any kind of beans you want, just make sure you have 32 ounces of them – black beans and pinto beans would be a yummy combination too.