- 1 ounce Pure Maple Syrup, Preferably Grade A Dark Amber
- 1 ounce Orange Juice
- 1/4 ounce Lemon Juice
- 8 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1 Orange Slice, With peel on
- 1 Vanilla Bean, Split and seeds scraped
- Ice Cubes
- 4 ounces Bourbon
- Sparkling Seltzer Water, Chilled
In a cocktail shaker, add maple syrup, orange juice, lemon juice, bitters, orange slice and vanilla bean.
Muddle orange slice and vanilla bean.
Add bourbon and a handful of ice. Shake well.
Fill an Old Fashion glass half with ice.
Divide mixture in cocktail shaker evenly between two glasses then top with chilled seltzer.
Garnish with an orange slice, if desired.