- 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup Ricotta Cheese, part-skim
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice, fresh
- 1 large Egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Turbinado Sugar
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together ricotta cheese, water, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and egg. Add ricotta mixture to well in flour mixture and stir just until moistened, preferably using a dough whisk.
Divide batter evenly among prepared muffins cups. Sprinkle turbinado sugar evenly over tops of muffins. Baking in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and tops are lightly golden. Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes then remove muffins and cool completely on a wire rack.
From Cooking Light, May 2011