- 8 Russet Potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4" thick
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon Dried Onion Flakes
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Dehydrated Chives
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 8 ounces Cheddar Cheese, (1 block - I used Cabot Cheddar)
Peel, and slice potatoes 1/4-inch thick. Place in a bowl filled with cold water. Rinse until the water runs clear.
Place the sliced potatoes in the Instant Pot with 1 cup chicken broth. Cook on "manual" for 1 minute.
As soon as the potatoes are done, carefully force pressure.
Spray a baking dish with cooking spray and transfer the potatoes to the dish (no need to drain or rinse).
Place the pot back in the base. Select "saute" mode.
Melt butter, add in the dried onion flakes, heavy cream, garlic powder, dehydrated chive and black pepper.
Mix well then add in half the cheddar cheese. Turn the heat off and mix until melted.
Carefully pour the cheese sauce on top. Then top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
Broil on high (medium rack) for 8-10 minutes or until golden in color.
Carefully remove from the oven and serve immediately.