- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 pound Ground Italian Sausage, (mild)
- 1/2 White Onion, diced
- 1 cup Multi-Colored Bell Pepper, diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 6 ounces Tomato Paste
- 28 ounces Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 16 ounce box Dried Rigatoni Pasta
- 3 cups Water
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Parsley, minced
- 8 slices Fresh Goat Cheese
Heat a 6-quart Instant Pot to "sauté" mode. Once the indicator shows "hot", pour the olive oil in the pot.
Then place the ground mild Italian sausage in the Instant Pot. Use a wooden spoon to break up the meat.
Cook for about 5 minutes or until brown.
Then add in the onion, bell peppers, and garlic. Mix well and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Next, add in the white wine to deglaze the pot. Scraping up all the brown bits from the bottom.
Turn the Instant Pot off.
Then add in the tomato paste. Mix until all the tomato paste is mixed through the meat.
Then add in the diced petite tomatoes, Italian seasoning, sugar, and black pepper.
Mix well then add in the box of rigatoni, and 3 cups of water. Stir until all the pasta is under the water.
Close the lid and place the valve to "sealing".
Select "manual" and cook for 5 minutes.
Carefully, force pressure as soon as it beeps.
Remove the lid, stir and sprinkle in the fresh parsley.
Divide evenly among plates and serve with a slice of goat cheese on top.