For the Pesto:
For the Chicken:
- 1/4 cup Roasted Salted Cashews, + 2 tablespoons (54g) and additional for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Cilantro, lightly packed (30g) plus additional for garnish
- 6 tablespoons Fresh Mint, lightly packed (6g)
- 1 1/2 Jalapeños, (whole)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt, + 1/8 teaspoon
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 pound Chicken Breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 1/3 cups Crushed Tomatoes
- Cauliflower Rice, or regular rice, for serving
Place the cashews in a small food processor (mine is 3 cups) and pulse until they turn into fine crumbs. Add everything except the water and oil and pulse until broken down.
With the food processor running, stream in the water and oil until well blended, scraping down the sides as needed.
Heat the olive oil for the chicken in a large pan on medium heat. Cook the chicken until golden brown, stirring frequently, about 4-6 minutes.
Once golden, add in the garam masala, turmeric, cumin and salt and cook until fragrant, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes.
Add in the crushed tomatoes and 2/3 of the pesto. Stir until well combined. Turn the heat down to medium lower and simmer until it just begins to chicken, about 2-3 minutes.
Serve over rice of choice, garnish with more cilantro and cashews and drizzle on the remaining pesto.