How to Make Perfect Scrambled Eggs RecipeHeather Tullos | Sugar Dish Me
How to Make Perfect Scrambled Eggs will give you the best scrambled eggs every single time. You will love these!
I think this is one of those things that everyone has their perfect version of, but mine is the most perfect. HEAR ME OUT.
Once, my husband’s little cousin told us that her dad ”taught her how to make the perfect scrambled eggs,” and then she proceeded to tell us how you have to add milk because that makes them more fluffy. It was one of those times I had to just smile and nod, and for crying out loud, Heather, you don’t have to say anything because she is SEVEN.
So, because his little cousin is only seven and also is ultra-cute, she gets a pass. But for the rest of you? Please please please don’t put milk in your scrambled eggs.
I mean it.
And I’ll tell you why. Milk burns!
Even if you have the perfect egg pan. EVEN if the pan is the perfect temperature!
All you need for perfect scrambled eggs are the eggs, some butter, your chosen seasoning (for this post we are rolling with just plain salt and pepper, hot sauce on the side!), and a whisk. Or a fork! Whatever you need to whip air into eggs successfully.
I realize this may be controversial, but save your emails, please.
All you need to do is melt a tablespoon of butter in your nice hot (but not too hot!) skillet. Medium high heat is where you want to be. Add your salt and pepper to the butter!
Crack two or three eggs (how hungry are you this morning?!) into a liquid measuring cup, grab your whisk, and get crazy. When you pour your supremely whisked eggs into the pan, have your spatula at the ready. REDUCE THE HEAT to medium! And then scramble away. My favorite method is to scrape around the sides and into the center. Repeat.
Serve with hot sauce or cheese or salsa or whatever else you like on your perfectly scrambled eggs.
A little bird also told me that it’s like a REALLY great thing to add cream cheese. Maybe we will do this next month, yes?
If you are looking for other really fab-o ways to cook your eggs, you HAVE to try this Prosciutto and Provolone Baked Egg Breakfast. Plus there’s this recipe for Huevos Rancheros that is so worthy of a taste test.
You can work it out with this Sausage and Butternut Squash Breakfast Scramble, or you can douse your eggs (scrambled or poached) in this perfect Avocado Hollandaise.
Whatever you do though, save the milk for your coffee and leave the fluffy eggs to me!
Are you tired of the dinner routine?
Stuck in a rut or looking for fun new recipes to try?
Our Facebook Group is growing every day! If you haven’t joined yet, we invite you to come check it out and join the fun.
You can ask for recipe ideas, talk about cooking techniques, or get help figuring out the right new pan set for you. If you’ve already joined, invite a friend along!
How to Make Perfect Scrambled Eggs Recipe
- In a small nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium high heat. Be careful to only MELT the butter. Don’t let it start to brown.
- Add your salt and pepper to the skillet.
- Crack your eggs into a bowl or liquid measuring cup (or something equally easy to whisk in/pour from), and whisk for a full minute. Really work at fluffing the eggs and getting plenty of air in them.
- Pour the eggs into the buttery skillet and reduce the heat to medium. Grab your spatula and gently push the eggs away from the sides and bottom of the pan as they cook. They will be done in about 2 minutes for a soft scramble. 4 minutes for a hard scramble.
- Serve hot! Garnish your favorite way.
- Heather Tullos
- Cooking Method:
- Breakfasts, Brunches, Eggs, Quick, Griddle
- Related Recipes:
- Breakfast Recipes, Brunch Recipes, Egg Recipes, Quick Recipes, Griddle Recipes
- Recipe Yields:
- 2 servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Related Post:
Author: Heather Tullos
Recipe Yields: 2 servings
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 6 minutes
Amount Per Serving