For the Instant Oatmeal Mix:
To Make the Oatmeal:
- 6 cups Quick Oats
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt, Optional
- 1/2 cup Hot Water, Heated to at least a slight simmer
- 1/2 tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup
In a large bowl, mix together the quick oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt until evenly combined.
Store in an airtight container.
To make the oatmeal, mix 1/2 cup of the oatmeal mix with 1/2 cup hot water. Drizzle the maple syrup over the top, and stir until the oats are all moist and cooked through.
- If you do not have quick oats on hand, you can pulse old fashioned oats in a blender or food processor. It won’t take much -- just enough to cut the whole oats down a little bit.
- I like mine with 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, but 1 ½ teaspoons tastes a little more similar to what’s sold in instant oat packets.