- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 medium White Onion, Finely diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 1/2 pounds Lean Ground Beef, 80/20
- 1 tablespoon Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon
In a medium-sized Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add the diced onion and garlic. Sauté until onions are soft and slightly translucent (~5-6 minutes), stirring occasionally.
Reduce heat to low and add the chili powder, cumin, salt, coriander, paprika, oregano, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and sugar. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add chicken stock and ground beef. Use a whisk to break up ground beef into pea-sized (or smaller) pieces. Bring mixture to a simmer over medium-high heat.
Reduce heat to low and cover pot; cook for 75 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add hot sauce and bourbon; simmer (lid removed) over medium heat until chili has thickened (~10-15 minutes).