- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil, Plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 small Onion, Chopped
- 5 stalks Celery, Chopped
- 1 cup Green Bell Pepper, Large, chopped
- 1 cup Farro
- 2 Bay Leafs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 13 ounces Strained Tomatoes, Or tomato puree
- 3 cups Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 15 oz can Cannellini Beans, Thoroughly drained and rinsed
- 30 Wild Caught Frozen Uncooked Shrimps, Peeled and deveined
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, deep sauté pan over medium heat.
Add the onion and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, celery, bell pepper, farro, bay leaves, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, and strained tomatoes. Stir until well combined, and season with salt and pepper.
Add the vegetable broth, stir until combined, and bring to a boil.
When broth begins to boil, reduce to a light simmer, cover, and cook, stirring frequently.
When most of the broth is reduced down and vegetables and farro are nearly tender, after about 15-17 minutes, add the white beans and shrimp.
Stir until well combined, and season with salt and pepper. When the shrimp are cooked through, after about 5 minutes, serve.