- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 small Onion, Finely diced
- 4 Small White Potatoes, Cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 8 ounces frozen chopped broccoli florets, Thawed
- 1 1/4 cups Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup organic shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a deep sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook until softened, about 2-4 minutes.
Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently.
If potatoes begin to stick to pan, add 1/2 cup vegetable broth. When broth cooks away, add ½ cup more. Continue to stir frequently.
When potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, after about 20-23 minutes, add broccoli florets (be sure to thaw broccoli in a heat-safe container in the microwave first). Stir until well combined.
Remove skillet from heat and add cheddar. If all of the broth has cooked away, add 1/4 cup broth to create a cheesy sauce. Stir until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.