- 1/2 pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 pound Ground Pork
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 28 ounce can Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 16 ounce package Potato Gnocchi
- 6 slices Fresh Mozzarella
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Parsley
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Brown the beef and pork together in a deep skillet over medium heat. When the meat is nearly cooked through, add the onion to the pan and continue cooking until translucent.
Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Stir in the tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and tomato paste. Cook for 15 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring often.
While the sauce is cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the gnocchi according to package instructions. Drain and add to the pot of sauce. Gently toss to coat.
Transfer to a 1 1/2 quart baking dish and top with the mozzarella slices and parsley.
Bake for 10 minutes.