- 2 pounds Chicken, Cut into bite-sized pieces (I used chicken tenderloins)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch, Plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 1/4 cup Oil, Approximately
- 1/4 cup Tamari Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup White Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1/2 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tablespoon Orange Zest
- Green Onions, To garnish, optional
Heat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat.
Place the cornstarch in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper, add the chicken on top and toss until evenly coated.
Add just enough oil to coat the bottom of the hot skillet and then add the chicken. Cook stirring occasionally until all the chicken is cooked through and golden brown.
Meanwhile whisk together all the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
Once the chicken is cooked through and golden brown remove it from the skillet.
Pour the contents of the small bowl into the hot skillet and simmer and stir until thickened.
Remove the skillet from the heat, add the chicken back in, and toss to coat.
Garnish with some green onions if you want, and enjoy. You can serve it with steamed rice if desired.