- 1/4 cup Oat Bran, Certified gluten free as required
- 1/2 cup Sorghum Flour, Can use all-purpose flour if not maintaining gluten-free
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 6 tablespoons Coconut Oil, Melted
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Roughly Crumbled Freeze Dried Strawberries, Plus 1 teaspoon, or can substitute any other dried fruit
- 1/2 cup chips Semisweet Chocolate, Divided, good quality
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Add the oat bran, sorghum flour, baking powder, brown sugar, and cinnamon to a bowl and stir.
Add in the melted coconut oil, egg, vanilla, 1/4 cup dried strawberries, 1/4 cup chocolate chips/chunks, and stir well.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper and roll mixture into 6 spheres using spoons or fingers
Flatten these “spheres” and bake for 12 minutes
Remove from oven and let cool for about 20 minutes
Then melt the remanding 1/4 cup chocolate and spoon on top of cookies and sprinkle the remaining teaspoon of dried strawberries on top.
Best if enjoyed with milk – or coffee!