- 2 tablespoons Refined Coconut Oil, 28 grams
- 7 tablespoons Natural Almond Butter, The kind with just almonds, 117 grams
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Honey, Or brown rice syrup for a vegan version, 50 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Almond Extract
- 241 grams Semisweet Chocolate Chips, Or dairy free chocolate chips, divided, (3/4 cup (128 grams) + 2/3 cup (113 grams))
- Salt, To taste
- 1 1/3 cups Certified Gluten Free Oats, 123 grams
- 1 cup Chopped Roasted Almonds, 110 grams
Line a 9" x 5" pan with a piece of parchment or wax paper.
Melt the coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in the almond butter, honey and almond extract.
Once thoroughly combined, stir in 3/4 cup (128 grams) chocolate chips. Add salt to taste.
When the chocolate is melted, add in the oats and 3/4 cup (83 grams) chopped almonds and stir until well combined.
Press the mixture firmly onto the bottom of the pan. Melt the remaining 2/3 cup (113 grams) chocolate chips and spread it over the bars.
Top with the remaining 1/4 cup (28 grams) chopped almonds.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.