For the Dumplings:
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 cup Diced Onion
- 1/4 cup Diced Celery
- 1/4 cup Diced Carrots
- 2 pounds Chicken, Breasts, thighs, bone-in or out, your choice
- 2 large Potatoes, Diced, approx 3 cups
- 2 cups Frozen Peas and Carrots, Thawed
- 2 cups High Quality Gluten Free Flour, Like GF Jules
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum, Omit if your gluten free flour already has xanthan gum in it
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- 2/3 cup Milk, You can use dairy or dairy-free milk
Set your Instant Pot to “sauté” and sauté the onion, celery, and carrot in the oil until softened.
Add the chicken, then add water until you reach the 6 cup line.
Seal and cook on “Poultry” for 35 minutes.
Once it finishes, let the pressure come down and then open your Instant Pot.
Remove the chicken and discard any bones. Shred the chicken and put it back in the broth.
Stir in the diced potatoes and turn your Instant Pot to slow cook while you prepare the dumplings.
For the dumplings, whisk together the flour xanthan gum (if your flour doesn’t already have it), baking powder, and salt.
In a small bowl whisk together the egg and milk.
Add it to the flour mixture and mix until you have a soft, smooth, but still sticky dough.
Drop heaping tablespoons of the dumpling mixture onto the chicken soup (I used my 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop.) DON’T STIR! Let the dumplings sit on the top and don’t stir them in.
Seal you Instant Pot again and set it to pressure cook for 12 minutes.
Let the pressure come down, and then open your Instant pot and stir in the thawed peas and carrots.