For the Blueberries:
For the Topping:
- 32 ounces Fresh Blueberries, two pounds
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Water
- Additional Ground Cinnamon and Nutmeg
- 1 cup Certified Gluten Free Oats
- 1 cup All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 1 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- Vanilla Ice Cream, optional
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a cast iron skillet place the blueberries evenly on the bottom.
In a small bowl, mix the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Then, place this mixture evenly over the blueberries.
Pour in the water.
Sprinkle additional cinnamon and nutmeg over it to enhance the flavor.
In another bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Then, mix in the melted butter.
Evenly crumble the mixture over the blueberries.
Bake for 45 minutes or until browned.
Serve warm with a side of vanilla ice cream.