For the Scones:
For the Frosting:
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 6 tablespoons Butter, cold
- 2/3 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Mashed Banana
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 2 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Milk
Stir together the cinnamon, flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
Cut in the cold butter until you get coarse crumbs. Create a well in the center.
Add the buttermilk, banana, vanilla, and chocolate chips to the center of the flour mixture. Gently stir with a fork until a stiff dough forms.
Pat the dough into an 8 inch circle on a greased baking sheet or Silpat.
Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cut into 8 even scones. Let cool.
Whisk together the frosting ingredients. Spread over the tops of the cooled scones.