- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 small Onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1 10 ounce package Chopped Frozen Spinach, defrosted
- 1 28 ounce can Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Dried Basil
- 1/2 cup Water
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Cooked Pasta, Zucchini Noodles, or Rice
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large sauce pan or Dutch oven. Add the garlic and onion. Sauté for 5 minutes or until fragrant and softened.
Add the ground beef and stir with a wooden spoon. Break the meat up and cook for about 10 minutes or until browned.
Add the spinach, tomatoes, dried basil and water. Stir well and bring to a simmer.
Bring heat to low, cover the pot and simmer for 30 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve over pasta, zucchini noodles or rice.