- 5 Eggs
- 4 tablespoons Beet Puree, Divided
- 2 tablespoons Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Sliced Black Olives
- Hot Sauce, like El Yucateco Black Label
- Parsley and Pepper Flakes, For garnish
Hard boil the eggs for 20 minutes.
Once cooled and peeled, cut them in half and place the yolks in a bowl.
To this bowl, add 2 tablespoons beet puree, spicy mustard, paprika, salt, and pepper and mix well
Pipe beet-egg-mustard mix into egg whites.
Top each filled egg with an olive slice.
Place a small drop of hot sauce into the open part of the olive.
With the other 2 tablespoons of beet puree, decorate to look like bloody-veins.
Garnish with parsley and pepper flakes and enjoy!
- Older eggs work better for boiling, they peel easier. Try to use eggs you've had for at least a week.