- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 2/3 cup Dairy Free Milk of Choice, (I usually use almond milk or flax milk.)
- 1 1/2 cups Tapioca Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic, or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
Preheat the oven to 400°F and lightly grease the indentations of a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
Add all of the ingredients to your blender, in the order given.
Blend on low speed until smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides and blend again to incorporate any tapioca flour that sticks to the sides.
Divide the batter evenly between the 24 compartments of your mini muffin pan. Each muffin will be nearly full.
Bake for 14-16 minutes or until the Pão de Queijo are puffed, crisp, and barely golden. If you under-bake them they will deflate when they come out of the oven.
Cool slightly and enjoy.
- I often double this recipe.
- These Pão de Queijo can also be baked in a regular muffin pan, but the cooking time will need to be extended. Fill each muffin about 3/4 full and bake for 18-22 minutes, or until the tops are crisp.