For the Crab Cakes:
For the Salsa:
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- pinch of Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 pound Fresh Lump Crab Meat, Picked over
- 1/2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil, Or vegetable oil
- 1 Avocado, Pitted, peeled, and cubed
- 1 large Grapefruit, Segmented and chopped
- 1 jalapeños Jalapeño, Seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
Whisk together mayonnaise, egg, lemon juice, Dijon, Worcestershire, garlic powder salt, pepper and cayenne in a small bowl.
In a medium bowl, toss crab with panic breadcrumbs. Fold in the mayonnaise mixture and let rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
To make the salsa, combine avocado, grapefruit, jalapeño, lime juice, cilantro, and salt in a small bowl, stirring gently to incorporate it all. Set aside in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Divide the crab mixture into 8 portions and form 8 patties, approximately 1-inch thick.
Heat canola or vegetable oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Once hot, add half of the crab cakes. Cook until golden brown, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat the cooking process with the remaining patties.
Serve immediately with salsa on a bed of arugula or frisee.
- If you have chipotle or chili infused olive oil, add an extra drizzle of this when ready to serve.