- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk Celery, finely chopped
- 2 medium Carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 pound Chicken, cooked and shredded
- 9 ounces Fresh Cheese Tortellini
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/3 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
In a large pot heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion, celery and carrots. Cook for 5-6 minutes until soft. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Add broth and bring to a simmer.
Add cooked chicken, uncooked tortellini, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the tortellini are cooked through.
Stir in cream and parsley to serve.