For the Fajita Seasoning Mix:
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 1 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons Fajita Seasoning
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 10 ounce can Chunky Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 8 ounces Short Cut Pasta, (dry)
- 1 cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 4 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 3 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
In a large skillet heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil over high heat. Add chicken and season with fajita seasoning mix. Cook until browned, and cooked through, about 5-6 minutes.
Add in garlic and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
Add an additional 1 Tablespoon of oil to the pan along with all the peppers and onions.
Cook for 4-5 minutes until the vegetables are soft and lightly browned. Remove from the pan and add to the chicken to keep warm.
Meanwhile add diced tomatoes, chicken broth, heavy creamy and pasta to the pan.
Bring to a simmer, scraping up the brown bits on the bottom of the pan from the chicken.
Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes until the pasta is cooked and the liquid is mostly absorbed. Add the chicken and peppers back to the pan and mix until combined.
Top with cheese and stir until it is completely melted.