For the Topping:
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Spice Blend
- 1/4 cup Butter, Softened
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Cranberry Sauce
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Butter, Melted
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a square baking dish with parchment or grease with spray oil.
Sift together flours, baking powder, salt, and baking spice in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla, then stir in milk.
Stir dry ingredients into butter mixture; mix until well-incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Using a teaspoon, dollop cranberry sauce on top of batter. With a knife, drag sauce through batter to create marbled pattern.
To make the topping, in a small bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, melted butter, and pecans until mixture is crumbly. Scatter across the top of the batter.
Bake coffee cake for 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Baking spice is cinnamon, nutmeg, mace, allspice, and ginger, from Savory Spice Shop.