- 3/4 cup Quick Oats, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Slivered Almonds
- 1/2 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoons Almond Butter
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Apple Sauce
Preheat you oven to 350°F and line a small baking dish (mine was 8x6) with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, granulated sugar, protein powder, salt, cinnamon, slivered almonds and milk chocolate chips. Toss to mix evenly.
In a small bowl, melt the almond butter, honey and coconut oil in the microwave. Stir in the vanilla and apple sauce.
Add the almond butter mixture into the oat mixture and mix until well combined. I find using your hands is the easiest.
Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish, really pressing down to make sure the mixture is press up all against the sides and compacted as well as possible
Bake until the sides just start to pull away and darken, about 33-35 minutes .
Let cool completely before lifting the parchment out of the pan and slicing.
Bars can be kept at room temperature for 4-5 days, and then stored in the refrigerator or freezer.
- You can get away with 1 tbsp less of brown/granulated sugar is you likes a less sweet and less “commercial” tasting bar. I preferred it with the recommended amount.
- The bars will be VERY soft and appear undercooked when done. They set up A LOT once cooling.