- 2-3 Dried Ancho Chiles
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 500 grams Ground Beef, about 17 1/2 ounces
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 3 medium Carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks Celery, chopped
- 2 14.5 ounce cans Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- Crumbled Cooked Bacon
Soak the dried Ancho chiles in water for 20 minutes then deseed and chop finely.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over high heat and fry the beef to cook and brown.
Add all the chopped veggies and cook for a few minutes then turn the heat off.
Place the cooked beef and veggies in a slow cooker.
Add the cans of tomatoes and chopped chiles and all the spices.
Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 4-5 hours.
Serve with crumbled bacon on top.