- 1 tablespoon Grapeseed Oil
- 1 cup Diced Carrots
- 1/2 Onion, Diced
- 1 stalk Celery, Diced
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 32 ounces Chicken Broth
- 16 ounces Water
- 2 cups Corkscrew Pasta
- 4 Plum Tomatoes, Diced
- 1 Yellow Squash, Julienned
- 1 15 ounce can Chickpeas, Rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Spinach, Minced
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese, Plus additional for garnishing
- 6 Fresh Basil Leaves, For garnish
In a large stock pot, heat the grapeseed oil on high heat.
Reduce to medium and then add in the carrots, onion, celery, and minced garlic. Mix well and season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Add in 1 cup of chicken broth and cook covered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add in the remaining chicken broth and water and bring to a boil.
Then add in the corkscrew pasta, diced plum tomatoes, julienned squash and zucchini, and garbanzo beans. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
Mix well and add in the chopped spinach. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Once the soup is done cooking and pasta is al dente add in the 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
Ladle soup into bowls. Top with additional Parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Enjoy.