- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 rib Celery, diced
- 5 medium Carrots, diced
- 2 large White Onions, diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, diced
- 26 ounces Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 6 cups Chicken Stock
- 3 cups Chicken
- 3 cups Bell Peppers
- Tortilla Chips
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the celery, carrots, onions, and garlic, and sauté until tender (about 5 minutes).
Stir in the tomatoes and spices (cumin, ancho chili powder, salt, and pepper), and continue to cook for an additional minute or two.
Pour the vegetable mixture into your slow cooker. Stir in the chicken stock, shredded chicken, and bell peppers.
Cook on low for 8 hours.
When you are ready to serve, simply add tortilla chips and your other favorite toppings.
- Want to save the leftovers? This soup freezes well. Just transfer the cooled soup to an airtight container and freeze for up to 6 months. Then, just reheat, and enjoy!
- A carton of chopped tomatoes should be equal to 26 ounces