- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/4 cups Buttermilk, See note
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Pure Almond Extract
- 3/4 cup Cherry Pie Filling
- Butter, For the griddle or skillet
- Whipped Cream
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Pure Maple Syrup
Heat a nonstick skillet or pancake griddle over medium high heat (a griddle set to about 375°F is perfect).
In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Make a little well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour in the buttermilk, oil, egg, vanilla, and almond extract. Stir until just combined.
Fold in the cherry pie filling.
Butter the hot cooking surface. Pour the pancake batter onto the cooking surface about 1/4 cup at a time. When the surface bubbles, flip and cook on the second side for another minute or two.
Serve the pancakes with more cherry pie filling on top, plus whipped cream and syrup.
- In place of buttermilk you can use 1 1/4 cups milk + 1 tablespoon white vinegar, let sit for about 5 minutes