- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 pound Lean Ground Beef, 93%
- 1/2 cup Onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Low-Sodium Beef Broth, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 14.5 ounce can Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1/2 tablespoon Prepared Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- pinch of Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 3/4 cup Reduced Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese, 3 ounces
- 1/4 cup Dill Pickles, plus additional for garnish
Heat the olive oil in a large, high sided pan on medium/high heat. Add in the beef, onion and garlic. Cook, breaking up the beef, until full cooked and no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes
Add in the broth, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, mustard, salt and pepper and stir until well mixed. Then, stir in the quinoa until well mixed.
Bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, cover the pan, turn to heat to low and cook until the quinoa absorbs the water and is creamy, about 1 hour.
Once cooked, stir in the cheese and pickles.
Garnish with extra pickles, if desired and DEVOUR