- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water, hot
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 cups whole grain elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
In a large skillet brown ground beef over medium high heat. Once cooked, drain any fat that remains.
Mix together all of the seasonings in a small bowl. Add to the drained beef, stir to combine. Pour in hot water, milk, and pasta. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10 - 12 minutes, or until pasta is cooked.
Stir in cheddar cheese until melted. Remove from heat, and let stand for a few minute until the sauce thickens.