- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 pounds Lamb, cut into bite size cubes
- 4 ounces Yellow Onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 medium Leeks, washed, trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 3 Carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks Celery
- 2 Parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound Potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 1/2 cups Beef Stock
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- pinch of Ground Black Pepper, small
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Parsley, chopped, for garnish
To a large soup pan add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over medium heat.
Add the lamb and cook until browned, remove and set aside.
To the same pan add the other tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add the leeks, carrots, celery and parsnips. Stir and cook until the vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes.
Add the potatoes and the lamb, beef stock, chicken stock, salt and pepper.
Simmer for 15 minutes until the potatoes are cooked.
Serve warm with chopped parsley.