For the Cauli-Tots:
- 1 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Shredded, about 1 cup
For the Casserole:
- 3 cups Cauliflower, Roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Onion, Plus 2 tablespoons, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Garlic, Minced
- 3 tablespoons Fat Free Cottage Cheese
- Salt and Pepper, To taste
- 3/4 cup Reduced Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 large Egg White, (3 tablespoons liquid egg whites)
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Panko Crumbs, Plus 1 tablespoon
- Cooking Spray
- 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Onion, Diced (roughly 1 small onion)
- 3/4 cup Red Pepper, diced (roughly 1 large pepper)
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, Minced
- 16 ounces Salsa, Of choice, 2 cups
- 1 cup Reduced Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese
For the Chicken:
Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil, and boil the chicken until no longer pink inside, about 10-15 mins. Shred with two forks and set aside for later use.
For the Tots:
Preheat your oven to 400°F and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Put the chopped cauliflower into a large food processor and process until broken down, and it looks similar to rice.
Transfer the cauliflower into a large bowl and microwave for 3 minutes. Stir, and microwave an additional 2 mins
Add the onion, garlic, and cottage cheese into the cauliflower. Stir well and season to taste with salt and pepper. Microwave for 20 seconds more.
Stir the cheddar cheese, egg white, cilantro and panko into the mixture until well combined.
Using a heaping Tablespoon, form the mixture into little ovals, packing together and placing them onto the prepared baking sheet. Spray the tots with cooking spray
Bake for 15 minutes, flip and spray with some more cooking spray, and bake for an additional 10-15 mins or until the tots are crunchy and golden brown.
While the tots are baking, heat the olive oil for the casserole in a large, oven safe pan on medium/high heat. Cook the diced onion, red pepper and garlic until nice and soft, 2-3 minutes.
Add in the salsa and shredded chicken, stirring until well combined.
Once the tots are cooked, sprinkle half of the cheese onto the salsa mixture, and then lay the tots on top of the cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake until the cheese is melted, about 5 - 7 mins.