- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 White Onion, chopped
- 2 pounds Carrot, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper, or less
- 1 16 ounce can Coconut Milk, (14 oz - full fat recommended)
- 3 cups Vegetable Stock, or chicken broth (low sodium recommended)
- Salt, to taste
Heat the oil to medium in a stock pot or Dutch oven.
Add the onion and sauté until it begins to brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Add the chopped carrots and continue to sauté until carrots are softened, about another 10 minutes.
Add the ginger, garlic, coriander, cumin, turmeric, and cayenne and sauté until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the coconut milk and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
Lower the heat and simmer until the carrots are completely cooked.
Ladle the soup into a blender and blend until completely smooth.
Test the soup for flavor. If need be, add salt.